This article is all about IR Recruitment 2018. IR Full Form is Indian Railway Recruitment. Indian Railways is the India’s national railway system which is operated by the Railway Ministry. This is the 4th largest railway network in the world. IR runs more than 20, 000 passenger trains daily including both long distance and suburban routes across the country.
Railway Recruitment Control Board is a government organization in India which comes under Railway ministry. The recruitment board formulate the policies in regard to recruitment procedures. It also monitor the activities of all Railway Recruitment Boards including expenditure incurred for recruitment. All the work done by RRB is organized through a management information system.
Indian Railways are divided into zones which are further sub- divided into more divisions. There are total 17 zones and 68 divisions.
|Sr. Number||Railway Zone||Railway Divisions|
|1||Northern Railway||Delhi, Ambala, Firozpur, Lucknow NR, Moradabad|
|2||North Eastern Railway||Izzatnagar, Lucknow NER, ]Varanasi|
|3||Northeast Frontier Railway||Alipurduar, Katihar, Rangiya, Lumding, Tinsukia|
|4||Eastern Railway||Howrah, Sealdah, Asansol,Malda|
|5||South Eastern Railway||Adra, Chakradharpur, Kharagpur, Ranchi|
|6||South Central Railway||Secunderabad, Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Guntakal, Guntur, Nanded|
|7||Southern Railway||Chennai, Tiruchirappalli,Madurai, Palakkad, Salem, Thiruvananthapuram|
|8||Central Railway||Mumbai, Bhusawal, Pune, Solapur, Nagpur|
|9||Western Railway||Mumbai WR, Ratlam, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Bhavnagar, Vadodara|
|10||South Western Railway||Hubballi, Bengaluru, Mysuru|
|11||North Western Railway||Jaipur, Ajmer, Bikaner, Jodhpur|
|12||West Central Railway||Jabalpur, Bhopal, Kota|
|13||North Central Railway||Allahabad, Agra, Jhansi|
|14||South East Central Railway||Bilaspur, Raipur,Nagpur SEC|
|15||East Coast Railway||Khurda Road, Sambalpur, Waltair|
|16||East Central Railway||Danapur, Dhanbad, Mughalsarai, Samastipur, Sonpur|
Indian Railways Recruitment 2018 | Jobs of Various Vacancy
Indian Railways has four types of group level jobs.
- Group A and Group B (Gazetted).
- Group C and D (Non-gazetted).
Each of these groups will have both technical and non-technical cadre.
- Group A Posts Recruitment includes UPSC which does the recruitment by conducting a written exam, interview or group discussion as necessary.
- Exams conducted for this category inlcudes.
- Civil Service Exam.
- Engineering Service Exam.
- Combined Medical Service Examination.
3. Services included through the civil services exam includes.
- Indian Railway Accounts Service.
- Indian Railway Traffic Service.
- Indian Railway Personnel Service.
- Railway Protection Force (RPF).
4. Services included through the Combined Engineering Services Exam includes.
- Indian Railway Stores Service.
- Indian Railway Service of Engineers.
- Railway service of Signal Engineers.
- Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers.
- Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers.
5. Group B Posts Recruitment has no direct recruitment for Group B posts. Group C employees are promoted as Group B officers.
6. Group C Posts Recruitment has both technical and non technical recruitment which are conducted by 19 Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) across all zones in Indian Railways.
- Non Technical Posts includes Assistant Station Masters, Trains Clerks, Clerks, Ticket Collectors, Commercial Apprentice, Traffic Apprentice and others.
- Technical Posts includes Technical engineers in Signal, Telecommunication, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and others.
7. Group D Posts Recruitment is done by Railway Recruitment Cell (RRC) at the divisional level. Some of posts in this group are the gunman, Safaiwala, Trackman, peon, tracker and others.
CURRENT POST OPENING AT Indian Railways: There the following post opening at Indian Railways
as mentioned below.
NCR Railway Recruitment 2018 | 446 NCR Trade Apprentice post | Last date is 17th December 2018
|Number of NCR Vacancy||
|As per rules|
|15 to 24 years|
NCR Job location
|KRCL Recruitment 2018 | Sr. Technical Asst & multiple jobs | Last date is 3rd December 2018|
|Post Name||Sr. Technical Asst & multiple jobs|
|Number of KRCL Vacancy||37 Posts|
|Pay Scale||Rs. 16, 000/- to Rs. 35, 000/-|
|Qualification||Engineering Degree in Electronics/Electrical or Industrial Electronics|
|Age Limit||24 years to 30 years|
|KRCL Job location||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Apply Link||Read More Details for KRCL Vacancy|
|RVNL General Manager Recruitment | 03 General Manager Vacancy | Last date i.e. 30th December 2018.|
|Post Name||General Manager|
|Number of RVNL Vacancy||03 Posts|
|Pay Scale||Parent Pay plus Deputation Allowance|
|Qualification||Graduate, Post Graduate in Planning|
|Age Limit||Below 56 years|
|RVNL Job location||One Post each at Kolkata, Guwahati & Ranchi|
|Apply Link||Read More Details for RVNL General Manager Vacancy|
|Integral Coach Factory Recruitment 2018| 20 Sr. Section Engineer Vacancy | Last date is 1st December 2018 | Closed vacancy|
|Post Name||Sr. Section Engineer|
|Number of ICFL Vacancy||20 Posts|
|Pay Scale||As per rules & regulations|
|Age Limit||Below 65 years|
|ICF Job location||Chennai|
|Apply Link||Read More Details for ICF Senior Engineer Vacancy|
Candidates are requested to read all information about the job by clicking above link. All details like Education Qualification, Pay Scale, How to apply & official website are given in the article.
Disclaimer : We try to collect all information from official website as source. Still if you find any kind of changes you can give us your feedback via either our “contact us form” or by commenting below.